layout

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Our new life in Minot, North Dakota



Jordan and I left the wonderful state of Texas around 7:00 a.m to our new home in Minot. We drove all day and all night. We finally arrived at our apartment about 8:00 a.m the next morning. We began unpacking our stuff which took about 2 hours or so to do. Our little apartment filled up pretty fast, but we adjusted and became very comfortable until we could get a house on base. Things started going smooth until the Air Force decided not to pay Jordan any of his BAH money for off base housing. That was about $800 a month that they got mixed up and didn't give him. So for 2 months we were paying about $650 for rent his regular paycheck. Then, when they did decide to give us the BAH money that we had been missing, they decided they were going to give it back in small amounts one paycheck at a time. But, once things started going smoothly again we were doing great! I was very home sick the month or so. Especially coming from little ole Palestine where my family lived no more than 15 minutes away from me. I'm pretty sure I drove Jordan a little crazy. So to get out and do something everyday, especially the days Jordan was at work, a friend of ours convinced me to get a job at Olive Garden as a hostess. I got the job and really enjoyed working for a little while. I met some pretty nice people and made a few friends. But do to a few things I could no longer stand to work there anymore. One day I pretty much cried because I didn't want to go into work. Thats about how bad I hated it. About a week or so after that was said and done I finally got to fly back to Texas and spend Christmas with my family. I was there from December 15-Jamuary 20. Almost a whole month. Needless to say, I missed Jordan SO much while I was gone. But, I did get to come back to a base house! Finally, after about 3 months of waiting the housing office called Jordan and told him they had a house ready for us. Jordan moved everything in while I was back home. I was exited to come home to an amazing home! Now we are happy and doing great. We cant wait to see our family again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment