layout

Saturday, January 26, 2013

It has been a LONG time since I updated my blog! So here we go. Since the last update we have moved from Minot AFB to Barksdale AFB, and had our beautiful baby boy!

We left Minot on November 15th and arrived at Barksdale on November 19th. After packing, moving, having to switch Uhauls in South Dakota due to transmission problems, spending a week in hotels with our animals (all while being pregnant ;p) we were beyond happy to finally be here! But, our last few weeks in minot were good. I had an amazing baby shower with our friends. Zander got all kinds of stuff.  I was not happy at all to leave the friends that became more like family to me. Especially my best friend Kaila. Although we had only been friends since around February/March, we clicked instantly, She became more like a sister to me. When Jordan was at work we spent just about every waking moment together trying to find stuff to keep us entertained. And when Jordan was home, we spent every waking moment annoying him the best we could. :) I'm pretty sure I wanted to cancel our orders because I didn't want to leave. I put off packing until last minute (which was a bad idea). Looking at it, it didn't seem like we had too muhc to clean as far as pcs inspection goes, but man was I wrong! Being 7 1/2 months pregnant down on your hands and knee's scrubbing was NOT fun! Thank god we had a few friends that stayed and helped us with what needed to be done.

Now that I've talked about leaving Minot, I can talk about arriving to Barksdale. When we finally got here we were just ready to get our house. It seemed like we hadn't lived in an actual home in what felt like ages! So when the time finally came we went to look at our house and loved it! Although we could stand at our backdoor and spit into our neighbors yard, we were happy to get unpacked and settled in. Jordan went to check in at his new squadron and loved it. He said everyone was really nice and layed back, which decribes Jordan perfectly. He has been in training since we got here but should go on flight starting next week. He is working days from 6AM to 2PM. Which we both love because we can still do things at the end of the day and not be rushed and it gives him plenty of time to spend with Zander too. I love living in a place that has just about anything to do. We live in a nice neighborhood, with really friendly people. Now I can update some pictures of our house! Keep in mind, these are not the pictures that I took. I'm lazy and still hvae not taken any of my own so these are stollen off the internet.
Kitchen
Pantry
Dining room
Enterance into master bedroom

Living room







 


No comments:

Post a Comment